Welcome to Dawson Creek Society for Community Living, where we provide support and assistance to people with developmental disabilities, and seniors, to ensure full participation in their lives and in their communities.
At the heart of DCSCL’s core values and
expectations, are the beliefs that everyone deserves:
- To be treated with respect and dignity.
- To make meaningful choices about their own lives.
- To be fully included in all aspects of their community.
- To have meaningful relationships, outside paid supports.
- To receive person-centered supports based on their uniqueness.
- To feel safe, secure and understood.
- To learn and grow, continually developing their skills and talents.
Anyone associated with DCSCL
can rest assured that our values include...
- Mutual trust in the reliability of people and things.
- Recognition and appreciation for important contributions and achievements.
- Respect for each others’ contributions and opinions.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Empathy to people’s vulnerabilities.
...and that our expectations of all employees include nothing less than:
- Working collaboratively as part of a team.
- Personal effectiveness.
- The desire to continually learn and better oneself.
- Clear communication.
- The commitment to uphold DCSCL’s core values, vision, mission and beliefs.
- Being accountable.
- Determination to see things through, no matter the challenge.